Effective July 1, 2020
This Policy contains the following sections:
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Children Under 18
- Choices Regarding Your Information
- Storage of Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- How to Contact Us
- Changes In Policy
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Social Media Information. We may collect personal information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and personal information posted on your page.
- Employment Information. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer. It may also include the field in which you work.
- Information You Submit. We may collect the personal information you submit through our Platform.
- Demographic Information. We may collect demographic information such as your birthdate, age, and zip/postal code.
- Course Information. We may collect information about the webinar courses for which you register and your activities during these courses.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect personal information about your purchasing habits, or consuming history or tendencies.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your user name and password.
- Usage Information. We may collect information regarding how you use the Platform. For example, we may collect information regarding what Platform features are useful or most frequently used.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Platform. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more information about your options related to the collection of your location information, see the Choices section below.
- Technical Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Sign up for a webinar.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Submit information through the Platform.
- Complete a survey.
- Sign up to receive our newsletter.
- Contact our customer support team.
- Passively. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Install and use our mobile application.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include:
- Receiving information from our business partners, including analytics and advertising vendors.
- If you are the employee of one of our customers, we may also receive information about you from your employer.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services.
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your information to make our Platform, products, services, and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Verify Your Identity. We may use your information to verify that you have authorization to use our services.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices Regarding Your Information section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications.
- To Create De-Identified Information. We may anonymize, aggregate, strip or otherwise de-identify personal information of identifying characteristics and may use or share that data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
- As Otherwise Permitted or Required By Law or As We May Notify You.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities, for the purposes described in this Policy.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. We may share personal information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers or the purposes described in this Policy. We may also share personal information with companies that help us learn more about our customers.
- With Our Customers. We may share user information with our business customers. For example, we may provide customers with a list of individuals who have access to their faucets or devices.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if our company merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells part of its business to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 18, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 18 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by following instructions in any message that you receive from us. Note that you may still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into our collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
- You may completely opt-out of all location-based information collection if you uninstall all of our mobile apps from your devices.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use physical, technological and organizational means to help safeguard personal information under our control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal Information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
If you are a resident of Canada, you have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chicago Faucet Company
2100 S. Clearwater Drive
Des Plaines, IL 60018-5999
©2020 THE Chicago Faucet Company