About Our Ads
Effective Date: December 16, 2022
This Policy contains the following sections:
- How We Use Your Information
- Choices Regarding Your Information
- Changes In Policy
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
Our vendors may also use these tools. In this policy “we” and “us” refers to The Chicago Faucet Company (“Chicago Faucets,” “we,” or “us”), our business partners, and/or our vendors.
We use tracking tools:
- To recognize new or past customers.
- To create custom audiences to target our advertisements (see below for instructions on how to opt-out of the cookies we may use for these purposes).
- To store your password if you are registered on our site.
- To improve our website and to better understand your visits on our platforms.
- To understand how you interact with our email messages.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
- To integrate with third-party social media websites.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising both on our Platform and on other websites (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To identify how you found our website.
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across email, multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and our website visitors.
We Engage in Interest-Based Advertising
We display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave our website, encouraging you to return. They also include ads we think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on our Platform or other websites. They might also be served in emails. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
How Do We Gather Relevant Information About You for Interest-Based Advertising?
To decide what is relevant to you, we use information you make available to us when you interact with us, our affiliates, and other third parties. We gather this information using the tracking tools described above. For example, we might look at your browsing behaviors. We might also look at your location. We might look at these activities on our platforms or the platforms of others.
We work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
- You can adjust your browser to control cookies to require your affirmative acceptance for new cookies, automatically reject cookies and/or delete or disable existing cookies. How you do this depends on the type of cookie and the browser that you are using.
- For more information on how to control browser cookies, click here. If information about your browser is not available through this page, please search your browser for instructions about how to opt-out of cookie collection.
- Note that deleting or blocking cookies may impact your experience on our website, as some features may not be available. Certain options you select are browser and device specific.
- You may need to take an additional action to manage flash cookies, which you can learn more about here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Microsoft App Center Analytics:
- Our Platform uses technologies from the Microsoft Analytics App Center with various functionalities (“Microsoft Analytics”). Microsoft Analytics makes it possible to analyze how our App is used. It records entirely anonymous information about the use of our App and sends this to Microsoft, where it is then stored. Microsoft uses this information to evaluate how our App is used and provides us with further services associated with the use of apps.
- You can learn about how to opt-out of Microsoft Analytics here or opt-out by turning off slider “Send analysis data” in the App settings.
- We may use Google Analytics on our Platform to help us understand how you use our Platform. You can learn about how to opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- We may use Facebook cookies to target ads to you. You can learn about how to opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from Facebook here.
- You can also change your email settings to block the automatic download of images in email messages, as such images may contain technologies that help us understand how you interact with the message.
- Note that you may still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
- You can submit an opt-out request to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program (click here) and/or the National Advertising Initiative (NAI) (click here). These are tools that provide individuals with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes by participating companies.
- Note that these tools may not opt you out of non-cookie online advertising. Please see the instructions in You Can Control Certain Tracking Tools for more information about adjusting cookie settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform.
- We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates. Your continued access to and/or use of our Platform after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of, and agreement to this Policy, as revised.
© THE CHICAGO FAUCET COMPANY. 2023.